About Scientific Reports http://www.nature.com/srep/about/index.html
Online and open access, Scientific Reports is a primary research publication from the publishers of Nature, covering all areas of the natural sciences.
Hosted on nature.com — the home of over 80 journals published by Nature Publishing Group and the destination for millions of scientists globally every month — Scientific Reports is open to all, publishing technically sound, original research papers of interest to specialists within their field, without barriers to access.
Scientific Reports is committed to providing an efficient service for both authors and readers, and exists to facilitate the rapid peer review and publication of research. With the support of an external Editorial Board and a streamlined peer-review system, all papers are rapidly and fairly peer reviewed to ensure they are technically sound. An internal publishing team works with the board, and accepted authors, to ensure manuscripts are processed for publication as quickly as possible.
Rapid dissemination of accepted papers to the widest possible audience is achieved through a programme of continuous online publication. Scientific Reports leverages the tools, technology and experience of Nature Publishing Group to ensure that published manuscripts are enhanced by innovative web technologies. In addition, all papers are archived in PubMed Central.
All accepted papers will be published on payment of an article-processing charge.
Scientific Reports is:
- Fast — rapid review and publication
- Rigorous — peer review by at least one member of the academic community
- Open — articles are freely available to all and authors retain copyright
- Visible — enhanced browsing and searching to ensure your article is noticed
- Interlinked — to and from relevant articles across nature.com
- Global — housed on nature.com with worldwide media coverage